Games and Ideas
It’s always fun to be active! Pick an activity below and make sure you’re active for at least an hour. You can choose more than one if you want!
- Don’t walk for a day! Instead, skip, hop, jump, run, crawl, or walk backwards! See how many new ways to move you can come up with.
- Next time you’re waiting in line, do jumping jacks. Count how many you can do. See if you can get other people in line to do jumping jacks with you.
- Bring some music outside and try out some extra-crazy dance moves! Turn cartwheels, jump across the yard, or even roller-skate or ride your bike to the music!
- Instead of taking the dog for a walk, take her for a run!
- Set up a kickball tournament with neighborhood kids or on the playground at recess. Try to get as many players as you can, form several teams and have fun!
- On rainy days, hold a mini-Olympics—indoors! Get others to compete to find who can do the most sit-ups in a minute, who can jump the highest and the farthest, who can lift the most weight, who can balance on one foot the longest, and who can touch their toes. Think of other ideas, too!
- Go indoor bowling. Find a soft ball, and set up plastic bottles to knock over. The catch is that you have to run in place while your ball is rolling or your points don’t count!
Got more ideas? Make a list! Isn’t it fun to be active?