Turn Off the Screen!
Fun With the TV Off!
Guess what—you can have lots of fun with the TV, video games and the computer turned off. Pick from these activities below, or make up your own!
- Go outside and act out your favorite TV or book character. After all, they’re only fun to watch because of the cool and funny things they do!
- Create your own character, and write a story about him or her. Draw pictures, and share it with a parent or friend.
- Get crafty! Find scraps of different materials. Look indoors and out, and see how many different things you can find. Glue them together to make a collage or other work of art.
- Turn up the music and create a dance to your favorite song. Invite friends to join you!
- Help your mom or dad cook dinner. It’s fun, and they’ll be glad to have a helper!
- Create a scavenger hunt by writing down 20 things you might find outdoors and around the neighborhood. Play with a friend (or divide into teams). Whoever finds them all first, wins—or whoever finds the most in an hour wins. Look for: a bird’s nest, a feather, a pinecone, an acorn, a dandelion, 5 rocks bigger than your fist, an open window, a license plate that’s from out of state, an American flag, and more!
- Rainy day? Get out some favorite games and puzzles, then invite a friend or family member to play. If you’re feeling creative, invent your own game to play, or draw a picture on a piece of cardboard and cut it up to make a puzzle.
Need more things to do? Click here for some fun games and ideas to get you physically active!